Tuesday, May 29, 2012

strength and honor / virtus et honor / virtute și onoare


For those readers which will try to translate my words, please stop. I am trying to put in a textual/graphical point of view the meaning of the words. In this way this words mean something to me. I feel something when I read this words. OK, I know, maybe there is another translation better than mine, but is not useful if don’t mean anything to me.

Wisdom, fortitude, temperance and justice are the primary virtues of a fighter. As a fighter you must know that you always fight alone. Sometimes you are a member of your team and play by the team rules. Sometimes fighting it is not sport. All of us we are fighting for something. Not always  we are winners. This is the reason why we pay respect to those which win the fight.

Today, we are watching sports for entertainment. Nothing is real. Fighters are playing a drama with a happy end, which is stated by somebody else. For a long time ago I don’t believe in sport. I believe only in real life. I choose my heroes only if they win in true fights. And I pay my respect.

There are some peoples who have dedicated their lives to sport. The time for honoring them will be always the moment of a great victory. For the rest of us, which we are only entertainers, the only hope is an happy end. Or, we can live in wisdom, fortitude, temperance and justice.

I wonder, when the death will smile to me if I shall have the power to smile back. This is ultimate and only true fight. Not a box match where the fighters take a lot of money, loose three drops of blood and leave the arena with a beautiful girl. There is no honor in this fight. This is an act of defiance.

I do not pretend to be a good and moral man. Mostly I consider myself an mercenary because I sold myself for money. Maybe we all do. Sometimes I do what I like to do. The most of the time, I do what I have to do. The rest of the time, I do what I dream to. Always try to live with dignity.

I do not pay good money for entertainment, but I pay for a real fight, so I could profit and teach my daughter to respect our ancestors and our future.

You, all of you who are daily fighting for your families and our country, I salute you.  If you loose a battle, don’t worry, you have the chance to fight again.


Strength and honor.

Labels: , , , , ,